richardhula

Google Earth plugin

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:36 am

Using latest GPS Gate 2.0. Added plugin as its the only way I could get GPS data to Google Earth plus - their COM port set-up is a mess. All works fine running normally but when I run as a service, Windows closes GPS Gate.

Its set-up with GPS input via local TCP/IP with outputs to virtual COM port & a second to Google Earth. If I remove the Google Earth output & revert to original single output to virtual port, it works fine as a service. Any suggestions?

johan
GpsGate

RE: Google Earth plugin

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am

The Google Earth PlugIn does not currently work when GpsGate is running as a service. Sorry about that. We'll try to fix this in coming releases of the GpsGate Plugin Pack.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

richardhula

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:51 pm

Thanks for reply. Have resolved temporarily by creating second instance for Google Earth which I can de-activate when running as service. Please let me know when plug-in can be run as service.

Incidentally tray icon does not turn green if either instance (whether activated or not) is not receiving position data. i.e. original default instance de-activated/no input; Google instance activated & receiving data correctly & showing green on settings window, but tray icon remains red.

johan
GpsGate

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 pm

The Tray icon resonds to the data that is flowing through the "Default" instance. To see the status icon for other instances, you need to open the Settings dialog, switch to the instance you are interested in under the Advanced tab, and then view the status icon in the Input tab.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm

If you want to get email updates for smaller fixes and releases of GpsGate, please subscribe to "GpsGate Updates" in this forum.

We currently don't have any priority on making the Google Earth plugin work in GpsGate service mode. If any one else in this forum finds that feature importaint, please make a posting here and maybe add some info on why.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”