sejackson208

Failed to connect remote Bluetooth service

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi,

I use your library to interface with our Bluetooth activity monitor. Our customers generally use Microsoft Stack. Occasionally, on some PCs I get error 10050, when connecting to the device. I can discover ok, and do service discovery ok but when connecting to the Serial Port service this error is thrown. This only affects a handful of PCs and it works succesfully on hundreds of others.
I have tried to reproduce the error on our own machines but failed every time. This generally happens on CSR or Broadcom dongles with MS stack.

Had it most recently on a Sony Vaio, with Vista and Alps Broadcom 2046 internal adapter. MS Stack version 6.0.0.6001.

I ran Find and Connect and modified to show the whole exception stack:
Failed to connect remote service [10050] Franson.BlueToolsException: Failed to connect remote Bluetooth service
at Franson.BlueTools.Toolkit.PullExceptions(IntPtr obj)
at Franson.BlueTools.ServiceStream..ctor(IntPtr nativeProvider)
at Franson.BlueTools.RemoteService.get_Stream()
at FindAndConnect.MainForm.serviceList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hope this is informative and helps to find a resolution.[:)]

Simon Jackson

sejackson208

RE: Failed to connect remote Bluetooth service

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Just some further information:
We do not use bonding, as no passkey is required.
I know this is not a device problem, as we have our own interface to Toshiba stack and if I swap hardware and use Tosh stack it works fine. Or if it is a Broadcom dongle and we install Widcomm stack then also its fine.
S.

Return to “BlueTools”