hajoko

Which dongles actually run?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi,

I bought licence now and then went around to buy bt dongles in shops. I found 5 different and tested them all: 3 Bluesoleil and 2 Toshiba - no one worked. I found an old 'Lutec', that worked, but need some more - where to get them?

Last information about dongles in 'Knowledge base blue tool' is from 2006. So where can I get dongles from 2006?

hajoko

Jonas

RE: Which dongles actually run?

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:51 pm

BlueTools only support the Microsoft and Widcomm stacks, so BlueSoleil and Toshiba dongles will not work.

Regards,
Jonas

hajoko

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 am

oh, thank you. Problem is, it's not easy to find out, which dongles WidCom and Microsoft stacks. Is it possible to buy them at all? Are they produced any more? All dongles, I found in shops here in Berlin were BlueSoleil or Toshiba.

regards

hajoko

Jonas

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 am

Lots of dongles use Widcomm and Microsoft stacks.
Some of those that you find when buying Toshiba or BlueSoleil will work too, but then you need to install the Widcomm stack instead or don't install any stack at all (to make it default to the pre-installed Microsoft stack)

Google it and you'll probably find some information about it. I remember an old wiki page where they had tested lots of dongles with different stacks.

Regards,
Jonas

MacSass

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi hajoko,

I agree that it is not easy to find dongles with Widcomm stack, it looks like this one is becoming less popular.

Anycom has dongles using Widcomm only, but has discontinued their USB-250 and USB-200 dongles.

One option might be the fairly new Anycom USB-500, which you can bye at e.g. amazon.de.

Unfortunately also the widcomm dongles are more costly, the cheap ones mostly use the blue-soleil stack.

I´d love to see Franson to support the Blue-Soleil stack, but I´m afraid that won´t happen, as there has not been any BlueTools update for a long time.

Best regards - MacSass

hajoko

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi MacSass,

hard to understand. Toshiba SDK seems to be open too - John Hopes send adress in Jun 2008:

1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 : 02:46:09 Show Profile Reply with Quote
I have found on the Toshiba website the information how to get the Toshiba Bluetooth SDK:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=faq/sdk

maybe we need to do some employee empowerment?

happy new year

hajoko

Jonas

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:34 pm

I am aware of the existence of both BlueSoleil and Toshiba stacks and I have both.
I am currently working on the BlueSoleil stack, although not full time. Therefor there is no ETA on when this will be complete.

Regards,
Jonas

hajoko

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:13 pm

... 'fine', not 'find'. comes with widcomm 6.2.0.4600 driver

regards

hajoko

MacSass

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 am

Hi,

thanks for the notification and link, also thanks Jonas for the update on future direction.

Unfortunately I´m in need of a Class 1 dongle with Widcomm stack, and this seem to be hard to find.
I heard that Anycom will come up with a replacement for their discontinued product - so hope they will keep Widcomm stack in that one.

Regards - MacSass

MacSass

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 am

Hi,

one more thing: Basically I only need the Widcomm support in order to be able to have a solution working on Win 2000.
I found that basically all other dongles can use the MS Stack on Win XP and Win Vista, with a small driver modification.

So long term the issue might be non existent - unless e.g. the BlueSoleil stack works more reliable than e.g. Widcomm or MS.

Regards - MacSass

gjaquest

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:30 am

Hi ..

Yes support for BlueSoleil would be great - I have quite a few dongles and they all are BlueSoleil!

Im stuck until this can be added to BlueTools.

rexmont

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:30 pm

I am using "Belkin F8T012". It is using Widcomm stack and it is class 1.

Return to “BlueTools”