rethicus

LocalService and Obex

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi Jonas,

I'm trying to use the SimpleService with OBEX file push, from a Phone to a PC. I disabled all widcomm obex service, in order to advertise with the library.

Now running the SimpleService, LocalService object calls the Clientconnected event, but i cannot receive the proper stream, always gets 12 bytes with garbage. I tried with the sync and async read
The phone on the other hand is like waiting for the upload to start, seems waiting for an ack package.

Do yo know what is the correct hand shake between a cellphone and the pc to make the transfer?

Thanks,
Nico.

Jonas

RE: LocalService and Obex

Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 am

You need to correctly handle the Obex protocol.
You can take a look at the Obex component source code as an example if you wish to create your own.

Regards,
Jonas

rethicus

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Jonas hi again,

What source code do you refer, i looked at the Obex File push demo project but it seems a different solution. Or i don't see the connection.

If you are talking about the obex filepush protocol (in a lower level), i didn't found much stuff about the right messages to send, specially the way to start the connection. Are you talking about a particular site?
About creating my own obex, i think that´s my last resource, first i want to know if you have any knowledge in this problem with receiving files from cell to pc.

Thanks,
Nico.

Jonas

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

The source to the Obex component (Franson.Protocols.Obex.dll) is available here: http://www.franson.com/bluetools/download.asp?platform=net

Regards,
Jonas

rethicus

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Thanks,

With the source code, i solved the obex filepush problem.

Nico

Return to “BlueTools”