I am a former user of the 32feet.net package, which only supports the Microsoft stack. I switched because I need to run on most Windows Mobile PDAs and most of them are running Widcomm.
Anyway, I have converted my projects and everything is fine and dandy, but I can't seem to discover devices...sometimes. I have a device here, it's powered on. When I run my old software, there it is, connection made, end of story. With Bluetools, it doesn't get discovered, the and the async event DeviceDiscovered never gets called. The real interesting thing is, it DID get called for a while. Now it does no longer. In production units, generally we can connect to the associated device a few times but then after a while it no longer gets discovered. It's just missing, forever, never to be found again. This is on both MS and WD stack devices.
I'm not expecting a solution here, but, just... where do I even look/start. I know that when you re-discover devices that it does not load cached devices that are already in Network.Devices but this doesn't explain the same symptom after a software restart or even a PDA reset.
Once this symptom starts, as I said earlier, I cannot find the device using my software using Bluetools. If I use the MS stack tools on the PDA, it does find it. Same with the WD tools.
I will post more as I learn more.