tdb108

currentService.Stream failure

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am currently using the trial version of bluetools for a feasibility study involving the Nintendo Wii controller.
I am using the example program findandconnect under C# .net 2.0. The only change I have made to the code besides the licence key is to change
device.DiscoverServicesAsync(ServiceType.RFCOMM )
to device.DiscoverServicesAsync(ServiceType.HumanInterfaceDeviceService);

The program discovers the device and its service but the stream always fails at line currentStream = currentService.Stream with error: ‘Connection failed. Unknown error’. With such an unhelpful error message I have no idea what the problem is. Can I even use this SDK to connect with a HID service like the Wii remote?

P.S. the WIDCOMM software will find and connect to the device no problem, but this is a laborious process and I wish to automate it hence why I’m interested in bluetools.

Setup: WinXp sp2, bluetooth dongle, WIDCOMM stack, C#, .net 2

Many thanks

Thomas

Jonas

RE: currentService.Stream failure

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 pm

BlueTools should be able to talk with the Wiimote if it's operating with an ACL link (and not an SCO one). Do you know which one it uses?

I can send you an updated BlueTools version which at least reports the error code on unknown errors (this will be added for the next version of Bluetools.)

I agree that, "Connection failed. Unknown error" is an unhelpful error message.

Please mail me directly if you are interested in the updated version.

Regards,
Jonas

adipaola

RE: currentService.Stream failure

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi all,
I am just facing the same problem as tdb108.
Is it available a solution? Did you make any progress?

Thanks

Return to “BlueTools”