Jonas

BlueTools .NET 1.21 Service Release (build 818)

Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:21 pm

New features:
* BlueTools is now linked to the latest Widcomm SDK, which hopefully will improve Widcomm stability.
* DeviceClass is now reported correctly for detected devices.
* RadioStatus implemented on Network. Allows you to change the status of the radio on stacks that supports this. (i.e. MS supports shutting down bluetooth entirely whereas Widcomm only disables the radio but do not power down.)
* DiscoverAll property on Network. Allows you to always detect devices in your bluetooth neighbourhood even if they are detected.
* AutoPowerOn on Manager. Allows you to disable BlueTools ability to turn on the blutooth radio if it is off.

Bug fixes
* Windows CE compability bug have been fixed. You should now be able to use BlueTools on your Windows CE device (non-Pocket PC). Features not available on the system platform will still not be available of course.

Service release (Build 818)
* DeviceClass is now reported properly on Pocket PC with the Microsoft stack
* .NET 3.5 support (Both .NET Framework and Compact Framework)
* DiscoverDevice(DeviceClass) added to Network. You can now select one major or minor DeviceClass to scan for.

Service release (Build 842)
* Network.Name implemented for all stacks and platforms
* Added missing files from some VB.NET samples.
* Experimental Unicode conversion for non-Western charsets. (RemoteDevice.UseUnicode)
* Bug fix for MFC BlueTools library which couldn't discover devices.
* Other non-critical bug fixes.

The Obex and SMS source has also been released.
It is available from the download page for BlueTools.

How to upgrade to BlueTools 1.21 can be found here: http://www.franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6429

rich20

RE: BlueTools .NET 1.21 Service Release (build 818)

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:15 am

What's the probability of this version supporting the Motorola Q? I've run out the trial on older versions so I have no way of seeing if it works...

Jonas

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 am

If the Motorola Q requires a Smartphone compilation for the Widcomm stack it will not work.

Regards,
Jonas

scippy

Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Dear Jonas,
can the new shutting down radio's feature be used for 'reset' the stack when a service lookup timeout arises instead of execute a manager.dispose and restart the application? At now, when I receive that Bluetool exception, the next discovery of Devices hangs up because the Bluetooth dongle (Widcomm stack) is gone away and nothing I can do except of restart the application.
Regards and merry Christmas, Riccardo.

Jonas

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:28 pm

It's not a proper shutdown stackwise, but possibly the Widcomm radio status 'off' does the same in the hardware. You just have to try whether this produce the 'reset' you require.

Regards,
Jonas

rover

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

don't understand how property DiscoverAll works...

Jonas

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

It just means that all devices will be fire a DeviceDiscovered event, even if they are previously cached or discovered.

Regards,
Jonas

Return to “BlueTools”