Adil Amjad

RE: COD filter

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I also tried to compile the FindAndConnect sample code in libWindows\MFC folder. The changed the license key to the one I have. When I compiled, I got the following error in the output window .

1>------ Build started: Project: FindAndConnect, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>FindAndConnectDlg.cpp
1>c:\program files\franson\bluetools sdk v1.21\libwindows\mfc\findandconnect\findandconnectdlg.cpp(178) : error C2660: 'xBlueTools::xNetwork::DiscoverDevicesAsync' : function does not take 0 arguments
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\Program Files\Franson\BlueTools SDK v1.21\libWindows\MFC\FindAndConnect\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>FindAndConnect - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

To solve the problem temporarily, I passed a 0 as an argument to the function DiscoverDevicesAsync() just to check if it compiled. It did but this time I got the following link errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: FindAndConnect, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>FindAndConnectDlg.cpp
1>Compiling resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1> Creating library .\Debug/FindAndConnect.lib and object .\Debug/FindAndConnect.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual wchar_t * __thiscall xCore::xString::GetBSTR(bool)" (?GetBSTR@xString@xCore@@UAEPA_W_N@Z)
1>.\Debug/FindAndConnect.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\Program Files\Franson\BlueTools SDK v1.21\libWindows\MFC\FindAndConnect\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>FindAndConnect - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I checked the include library path. It was set to "C:\Program Files\Franson\BlueTools SDK v1.21\libWindows".

Any advice on this one???

Regards,
Adil

Jonas

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:57 am

Now you have me confused. I thought the blood pressure meter acted as the client trying to connect to another device (acting as server). But this Java application sounds like a client software when you say "This software is successful in detecting the blood pressure meter as well as downloading the measurements." ?

Very possible that the library code isn't up-to-date with the rest of BlueTools. I'll take a look at it when I have time, but I suggest not using it for the time being.

Regards,
Jonas

Adil Amjad

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Allow me to rephrase. The java software(server) is successful in accepting connection request from the blood pressure meter(client). This confirms that the meter is working fine. Can you guide me as to why m_service_ClientConnected() is not being called. Is there a way, I can debug?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Adil

Jonas

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:36 pm

The Java software can still be doing things that are not "native" for bluetooth. Try creating a native SerialPort on some device and see if the device can detect it.

You can't debug the scenario you are describing.

Regards,
Jonas

Adil Amjad

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks a lot. Before I started exploring BlueTools, I was trying to create a native SerialPort on a Windows Mobile 6 PDA (HTC Universal) as well as my laptop running Windows XP Sp2. Both of them have Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. The parameters I know of for successful connection are the Service Name, COD Filter and PIN. What do you think I need for the "not native" part of my server?

I have emailed hhegde but I think he/she does not check their email subscribed to Franson.com/Forum.

Regards,
Adil

Return to “BlueTools”