ravey72

Internal Bluetooth adaptor

Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi,

I have a Franson bluetools licence and use the product in a windows service to advertise a SPP service discoverable via a mobile phone application.

This seemed to work fine (although some stability problems which i'll revist later) when using an external usb bluetooth adaptor.

I have recently got a Dell laptop that has an internal bluetooth chip. In this case bluetools fails to start and advertise the SPP service. Is there a problem using Bluetools with internal bluetooth chips?

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Ravey

Jonas

RE: Internal Bluetooth adaptor

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:53 am

What stack is the internal bluetooth chip using?
BlueTools only support Microsoft and Widcomm stacks.

Regards,
Jonas
Franson Support

jovaan

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:13 pm

Hi, I have had similar problems with Fujitsu-Siemens S7010 with Alps integrated BT running widcomm stack 3.0.1. I was able to make it work by re-installing the BT drivers from original factory CD, then rebooting the machine. For some reason the latest BT drivers available from internet for Alps chips work with COM port emulation but not with Bluetools.

Now when I have it working to some extend, the stability problems manifest themselves by for example, not being able to open stream about 50% of times even when the remote device is available. After that 5 second wait and other open will usually open the stream correctly. On other computers with BT dongle it works better.

I have not stressed this issue on this forum much, because S7010 is old laptop with old BT chips, so not very important to make it work.

ravey72

Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for information thus far.

I have a Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack v4.00.22D.

You say that only Microsoft and Widcomm Stacks are supported by BlueTools, therefore do you know if it's possible to change the driver for this internal bt module to make use of either Microsoft or Widcomm drivers?

Kind Regards
Ravey

Return to “BlueTools”