st8ic

Failed to load bluetooth driver!

Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Dear Sirs,

I'm experiencing some problems with Franson Bluetooth SDK v1.1. Although I've used to install the BlueTools.arm.cab to install the natve dlls to my HP iPaq 2210, the SimpleService program still fails:
> System.ApplicationException:Failed to load bluetooth driver!
The error message is quite different form which appears, is the dlls is not copied to /Windows directory:
>A managed Exception occured at License
>BlueTools.dll not installed.
>A managed MissingMethodException occured at License
The reference to Franson.Bluetools.dll and the licence key of the program are added. To my mind, it looks like SDK cannot interact with bluetooth stack of iPaq.

Best regards,
Fred T.

Device: Hewlett-Packard iPaq 2210
Dev.environment: Visual Studio .NET 2003

Jonas

RE: Failed to load bluetooth driver!

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:28 am

What version of the Bluetooth stack are you running?
You can determine the stack version by examining the StackVersion property on the Network object.

Code: Select all

Manager m_manager = Manager.GetManager();
Network m_network = m_manager.Network[0];

MessageBox.Show(m_network.StackVersion.ToString());
On the iPaq 2210 that we have here in our office this reports 1.4.1.60. If your stack version does not match this number you might require to upgrade your iPaq.

Also, if you can't access the Manager or Network object for some reason you can determine the Bluetooth stack version by examining the About tab page of Bluetooth in Settings > Connections > Bluetooth on your iPaq. It will there be stated Bluetooth for Windows CE (BTW-CE) Version 1.4.1 Build 60 (at least it does on our device.)

Here you can find the HP ROM update for the iPaq 2210:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/20498.html

Regards,
Jonas
Franson Support

Return to “BlueTools”