stefanogalizia

Bluetooth Problem

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Hi to all,

i've just installed trial version of bluetools; just to test if this SDK is suitable for our needs. If i try to perform a search from the OBEXFtpClientSample200 i cannot find any device (the search take less than 1 sec...). If i go to control panel on the bluetooth device i can see the driver is provided by WIDCOMM, but BlueTools detect stack as Microsoft..Anyone can help me???

Thanks

johan
GpsGate

RE: Bluetooth Problem

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:28 pm

Which version of Windows are you using? And do you know the version of the WidComm stack?

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

stefanogalizia

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:39 pm

Originally posted by johan

Which version of Windows are you using? And do you know the version of the WidComm stack?

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

I'm using WindowsXP SP2 and widcomm bt stack 1.4.2.12...but why bluetools report as Microsoft???

johan
GpsGate

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:57 pm

BlueTools probably fails to auto detect the WidComm stack on your computer. Why is a bit hard to say.

Please set Manager.StackID to StackID.STACK_WIDCOMM first thing you do in your application (before you use any BlueTools classes and before you set the license key).

This will force BlueTools to use the WidComm stack.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

stefanogalizia

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Originally posted by johan

BlueTools probably fails to auto detect the WidComm stack on your computer. Why is a bit hard to say.

Please set Manager.StackID to StackID.STACK_WIDCOMM first thing you do in your application (before you use any BlueTools classes and before you set the license key).

This will force BlueTools to use the WidComm stack.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Thanks for your help... but it still not works... any other help???

johan
GpsGate

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Yes, upgrade the WidComm stack to something newer. 1.4.2.12 was one of the first versions that supports an SDK.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “BlueTools”