kafka 01

How to Pull Files from mobile automatically?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi

I want to build some kind of VB .NET aplication that accepts any file send it from a mobile and that uses the connection info in order to send back another one to the mobile from the aplication.

I think that the second part is easy to build with the great example of Push File. I tested it and it works with my devices. And I've read the code in order to learn.

But... How can I "Pull" one file automatically.[?]

WHOLE PROCESS:
The aplication is listening.
A mobile try to send a file.
The aplication receive the file.
The aplication send another file back to the mobile.

I have to say that this is my first BT aplication so I'm a bit Lost.

Thanks a lot

--

Kafka 01

Jonas

RE: How to Pull Files from mobile automatically?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:03 pm

At this time ObexObjectPush is only implemented as client. That means you can only use the component to Push files, alas you cannot Receive (or Pull) with it.

It is possible to make such an application as you suggest though with the help of BlueTools. You must however implement the Object Push server yourself. First you must register an OBEXObjectPush service that an Obex client can connect to. The SimpleService sample explains how to register a service (not an Obex service though, but you just have to change the ServiceType to OBEXObjectPush ).

Since the Obex protocol is based on a number of bytes being passed over the stream with different meaning, you must then examine the Obex specification for what commands you can expect and what you must respond. The Obex specification is available at http://www.irda.org/.

Good luck!

Regards,
Jonas
Franson Support

kafka 01

RE: How to Pull Files from mobile automatically?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Thanks

--

Kafka 01

Return to “BlueTools”