I am getting an exception - device inquiry timeout
This happens when performing a device discovery.
Code written in VB.NET 2005. Target platform is HP HX2190 with a Widcomm stack running Windows Mobile 5.
I have also had this error with a IMATE K-JAM which has a Microsoft (?) Stack also running Windows Mobile 5.
The only way to recover from this situation is to perform a full device reset on the Handheld. Switching off/on BlueTooth does not work.
There are always Bluetooth devices available in the area and this is confirmed by performing a device discovery on a BT enabled laptop which discovers the devices correctly.
The application is as follow:
1. Perfom a Device Discovery.
2. Find the MAC of the appropriate device we are interested in.
3. Perform a service discovery on that device using its address.
4. Establish that the serial port profile is available on that device.
5. perform other non BT related functionality based on the result.
0845 2 26 26 16