JulianSolo

64-bits architecture

Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi

Does Franson BlueTools work on a 64-bits architecture?

Thanks,
Julio

johan
GpsGate

RE: 64-bits architecture

Fri May 06, 2011 6:01 pm

It is a 32-bit DLL, which means it can run in a 32-bit process on a 64-bit system.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

MacSass

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:16 am

Hi Johan,

I know that support for BlueTools is kind of suspended, but can you clarify a bit more on that statement?

I´m wondering because in the FAQ it states "BlueTools works on 32-bit Windows, but currently not on 64-bit versions of Windows."

It would be really great if our "old" application (32 bit) would work on a 64 bit system - and in fact I found it kind of does ... just I can´t get it to work in my VB.net Studio development environment (although this is a 32 bit application running in 64 bit OS)
In Visual Studio it always complains about the license with throwing an exception.
The error is "Module not found: Bluetools.dll" ... at bei Franson.BlueTools.License.License_Destroy(IntPtr handle)
bei Franson.BlueTools.License.Finalize()"

When I build the application and run it as compiled application, everything seems to work fine...

We really would be thankful for some ore clarification and details on this - and eventually a hint how to make it work in the VB.net studio as well.

Thanks a lot - MacSass

MacSass

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 am

Hi again,

sorry - forget my post - my fault: Bluetools.dll was missing from the "Debug" folder ... grr.

Bluetools seems to work perfectly as 32 bit process in 64 bit OS ... nice.

Maybe you might want to update the System Requirements accordingly, as it states that 64 bit is not support - which is only "partly" correct.

Thanks and best regards -

MacSass

Return to “BlueTools”