Problem building a listener

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:46 am

Hello ppl i am new here and my english isn't perfect so i apollogize in advance for my possible gramatical's mistakes .. i'll try to explain my problem as clear as i can.

I am developing an application to distribute files in a mall through bluetooth the idea is the next a person pairs his cellphone to a machine once its done the machine gets his address and identifies the phone and start transfering files, i must do it from this way because its music and the person is buying it, i want to avoid that other person with bluetooth could get into the machine and start downloading the customer's music so i'm building a listener in VB.NET like this:

Public WithEvents servicio As LocalService
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim red As Network = Nothing
Dim m_manager As Manager
Dim redes() As Network
m_manager = Manager.GetManager
redes = m_manager.Networks
red = redes(0)

servicio = New LocalService(ServiceType.OBEXObjectPush, "oop", "")

End Sub

Private Sub service_ClientConnected(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal eventArgs As Franson.BlueTools.BlueToolsEventArgs) Handles servicio.ClientConnected
MsgBox("i got a connection?")
End Sub

The cellphone detects the signal and i'm able to see it but when it askes for the PIN key i put it but it never reaches the service_ClientConnected's function and i can't read the incoming data, i really read a lot but i couldn't find a way to do what i want, i really tried with many ServiceTypes and always the same, i don't know if i must pair the cellphone to the pc first and then start a service or what, i'm able to pair the device from the pc (Application->Cellphone) but not visceverse (Cellphone->Application), and that's what i need, i need that the client gets into the listener type his pin key and i read it from the code so i'll know the address of the actual person who's interacting with the machine, actually i'm using an usb dongle with the Microsoft Stack and using a samsung e215l and a blackberry as clients.

I hope i've explained well, Thanks in advance.

Return to “BlueTools”