sgibson

Service Level Enforced Security Mode

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

I am currently working with a new WM 6.1 device. It's a new HTC device that is due to be released in October Called the Touch Pro 2. I am trying to validate that our custom application, using Bluetools, will work on it. It has a new MS BT stack (ver. 1.9.0.4800) that supports the new BT protocol v2.1. As I'm sure you know this new protocol boast new security measures. The most significant difference being the introduction of service level enforced security modes ( mode 4). When I run our app on the new device I can discover and connect without an issue. When I query the remote device for services an error is returned from the Services.Stream object. The exception message says " Failed to set the security level of the connection. Try restarting the bluetooth stack". This error is not "thrown" to the application but can be queried. Scanning through the documentation I can not find any method or property to set the security of the connection at this stage. I have tried setting it through the Services.SecurityPolicy property but at that point the error has already been generated. The error is "thrown" back to the application anytime the Stream object is accessed. Is there a work around or update for this issue?

I have included my code snippet for reference.

Address addr = new Address(DeviceAddress);
remoteDevice = network.ConnectDevice(addr,DeviceName);

remoteDevice.DiscoverServices(ServiceType.SerialPort);<====error is generated here

Service[] services = remoteDevice.Services;

Jonas

RE: Service Level Enforced Security Mode

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't think there is a work-around for this in BlueTools.

Regards,
Jonas

sgibson

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 am

So there are no plans for Bluetools to support the v2.1 protocol?

Jonas

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Not that I am aware of.

Regards,
Jonas

sherp

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:51 am

Is there any alternative to BlueTools that does support multiple Bluetooth stacks and the Touch Pro 2? Having the same problem here ...

mehmetavsar

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Bad news. Anyone found an alternative?

Return to “BlueTools”