wbickner

Automatic startup after boot

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:36 am

ThinkPad with Win 2K:

I thought that checking "Start GPSGate after Boot" in the GPSGate
"Startup" options box would cause GPSGate to start when the computer
is booted. It does not, and when the box is checked, the check is removed after rebooting. What is the purpose of this checkbox? Do I have to place a shortcut to GPSGate in the Windows Startup folder to get it to start automatically when the computer is booted? Thanks for your response.

Bill Bickner

johan
GpsGate

RE: Automatic startup after boot

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:47 am

Yes, checking "Start GpsGate after boot" will make GpsGate to auto start when you reboot your computer.

What this function does is to write an entry in the registry. All files listed in this key are started when Windows starts.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
GpsGate = ...\GpsGateXP.exe

Possible reason why this fails for you:

-> You have an anti-virtus program that removes the above entry as soon as it has been written.
-> You exit Windows by turing of the power of your computer. The entry is written to the registry when GpsGate exists properly.

And yes, you can make a shortcut in "Windows Startup" instead, that will work as well.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Alon

Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:02 pm

Hi,

i've got similar problem in PDA - the 'Restart at soft reset' chkbox is disabled at all time.

is there a way for the GpsGate to start automatically after soft reset ?

i can't add a shortcut to \Windows\StartUp so the best solution for me will be by settings within the GpsGate, second best solution is Registry, any other solution will be welcomed...

10X,

Alon

Fred

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi have the same problem under iPaq

Fred

frenchfrog

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:55 am

I have the same Problem: even if I check the box: start after boot, it will not. Must I disactivate my antivirus, or what is the solution?

vicjak

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:12 pm

Hi, I have no idea how to create shortcuts directly in Pocket PC Windows but it can be easly done when exploring your PDA through Activesync's explore when you have it connected to your desktop PC, and then placing it in Windows/Startup folder of your PDA.
My GpsGate 1.10 was starting perfectly after every soft reset. However ver.2 has avery well working 'Start after soft reset' tick box in advanced tab.
Good luck.

Originally posted by Alon

Hi,

i've got similar problem in PDA - the 'Restart at soft reset' chkbox is disabled at all time.

is there a way for the GpsGate to start automatically after soft reset ?

i can't add a shortcut to \Windows\StartUp so the best solution for me will be by settings within the GpsGate, second best solution is Registry, any other solution will be welcomed...

10X,

Alon

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”