SiggiH

sending position data to USB (Garmin 96)

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi
Maybe I missed this point in the documentation (but I think I did not), so here is my question: is it possible to send position data from a PC to a USB-connected Garmin 96? If I understand the docs, then the USB Garmin can send "real" GPS data to the PC, but is the other way around also possible? I would like to put my Garmin 96 into simulation mode, and then send NMEA position data to the device from my X-Plane flight simulator (which only supports COM output, not USB, to Garmin devices).
Siggi

johan
GpsGate

RE: sending position data to USB (Garmin 96)

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:59 pm

Sorry, but that setup is not supported. GpsGate can only read the current position from a Garmin USB GPS.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

SiggiH

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:07 pm

OK, I see.
Do you have documentation on the protocol which is used to transfer data via USB to/from the Garmin devices? Do you know if it is possible (not by using GpsGate, but by programming it myself) to send position data to a Garmin USB device?
Siggi

FlyingsCool

Fri May 04, 2007 10:04 pm

As far as I know, you cannot send position data to a Garmin GPS through the USB cable. It will only read data (in simulator mode) from the optional serial port cable which you can purchase for the device.

Thomas

http://www.flyingscool.com

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”