caroline
GpsGate

Design Feedback

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Dear users,

An ongoing project of ours is improving our user interface and making sure you have a positive experience when interacting with our products. Right now we are working to improve the design of our GpsGate Server. Any feedback you might have is much appreciated in this work. Feel free to comment in this thread with any input you might have regarding the design of GpsGate Server. It could be something that you like, something you want to change or maybe remove completely.

Read more about it here:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/design_updates
Regards,
Caroline

GpsGate Support

Agustin94

Re: Design Feedback

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 am

Hello,

I would like a status window like, more user friendly like in the images below, but of course with variables related to our field, like temperature, speed, battery voltage, rpm, fuel level, fuel rate, etc.

Also would be great, include the commands inside the command window, with buttons instead of press right on the vehicle and look for the command option.

I think the interface of gpsgate, should be more oriented to the final clientes, I mean our clients, they want to get the information in the simplest way, I try keep the interface of they, as simple as I can with privileges, but I think it could be even more user friendly. Add a help option with the possibility to edit the explanations, will be very useful to the final users.

GPS2014

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Hello

It is very good to hear that you are improving GPSgate user interface.
I have already submitted my suggestions in the recent survey.
The user interface needs a modern new design
The system should be designed with the end user in mind.
A new user should be able to log in and use all of the features with out training meaning the system needs to be more intuitive to use

When selecting reports i would like the system to open a new tab with in the current page instead of opening a new tap in the browser

On the mobile application it would be good to see more of the desktop features available for example icon selection and directional icons.
On the vehicle list the status icon always causes a lot of confusion. Users always ask does the green icon mean the vehicle is moving and yellow mean vehicle idling and red mean stop which would be common sense instead of what they actually mean

markus
GpsGate

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am

Thank you for your feedback.
Hello,

I would like a status window like, more user friendly like in the images below, but of course with variables related to our field, like temperature, speed, battery voltage, rpm, fuel level, fuel rate, etc.
We are currently looking into adding more design element like the once you suggested.
Also would be great, include the commands inside the command window, with buttons instead of press right on the vehicle and look for the command option.

I think the interface of gpsgate, should be more oriented to the final clientes, I mean our clients, they want to get the information in the simplest way, I try keep the interface of they, as simple as I can with privileges, but I think it could be even more user friendly. Add a help option with the possibility to edit the explanations, will be very useful to the final users.
We agree. When designing new and redesigning old features we try to focus on the goals for the end users. That is also the idea behind our new mobile and tablet apps.
Best regards Markus
GpsGate employee

GpsGate.com

markus
GpsGate

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

Hello

It is very good to hear that you are improving GPSgate user interface.
I have already submitted my suggestions in the recent survey.
The user interface needs a modern new design
The system should be designed with the end user in mind.
A new user should be able to log in and use all of the features with out training meaning the system needs to be more intuitive to use

When selecting reports i would like the system to open a new tab with in the current page instead of opening a new tap in the browser

On the mobile application it would be good to see more of the desktop features available for example icon selection and directional icons.
On the vehicle list the status icon always causes a lot of confusion. Users always ask does the green icon mean the vehicle is moving and yellow mean vehicle idling and red mean stop which would be common sense instead of what they actually mean
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are looking into your suggestions right now.
Best regards Markus
GpsGate employee

GpsGate.com

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

Hi,

If possible we'd like to keep this thread for general design feedback and suggestions. If you'd like to ask the community for help with technical questions, please feel free to create a thread about the issue!
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

GPS2014

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Please add a button on the desktop version to change to mobile. Using /m is not ideal for users

Strack01

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi,

1. Reports - there has not been a major overhaul on reports in a long time, some more templates need to be added and some felexibility needs to be added. Also a good idea, if end user has control of which columns he wants to see and which ones not.

2. fuel consumption - should be able to add a fuel refill based on right clicking on a vehicle location on the map, for example, when vehicle is at a fuel station, a right click and add fuel button should be available to allow easier manual input of fuel refills.

3. dashboards - some generic dashboards need to be made available, just how you have generic reports available. At least the standard basic stuff, vehicle run time, idle time, stop time, percentage.

4. need easier support for adding convoy grouping for group of vehicles.

5. need an update on the help link which is available on the vehicle application - some of those examples are outdated and very old version reports.

6. dispatch needs to be able to stop a job already activated

7. more right click graph functionality, instead of selecting track, track points, choosing columns and then draw track

8. right click ability to replay today's track

9. better ability to define a "trip", like POI A to POI B is defined as one trip.

10. ability to ignore "0" data in graphs

11. ability to create route geofence from the trip view in the tracks tab

12. make buttons available for the buckets to make it easier to toggle - see pic

13. right click or button or info button - something which can show distance travelled in the day per vehicle

I will ask my clients for the same feedback and add more, this is just a short list. You have an amazing portal and the ability it has is unmatchable - glad to know you are making great even greater now.
Attachments
gps-vehicle-asset-tracking-cross-platform-desktop.jpg
gps-vehicle-asset-tracking-cross-platform-desktop.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 449 times

caroline
GpsGate

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

Please add a button on the desktop version to change to mobile. Using /m is not ideal for users
Thank you for your input. We'll look into your suggestion.
Regards,
Caroline

GpsGate Support

caroline
GpsGate

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:32 am

Hi,

1. Reports - there has not been a major overhaul on reports in a long time, some more templates need to be added and some felexibility needs to be added. Also a good idea, if end user has control of which columns he wants to see and which ones not.

2. fuel consumption - should be able to add a fuel refill based on right clicking on a vehicle location on the map, for example, when vehicle is at a fuel station, a right click and add fuel button should be available to allow easier manual input of fuel refills.

3. dashboards - some generic dashboards need to be made available, just how you have generic reports available. At least the standard basic stuff, vehicle run time, idle time, stop time, percentage.

4. need easier support for adding convoy grouping for group of vehicles.

5. need an update on the help link which is available on the vehicle application - some of those examples are outdated and very old version reports.

6. dispatch needs to be able to stop a job already activated

7. more right click graph functionality, instead of selecting track, track points, choosing columns and then draw track

8. right click ability to replay today's track

9. better ability to define a "trip", like POI A to POI B is defined as one trip.

10. ability to ignore "0" data in graphs

11. ability to create route geofence from the trip view in the tracks tab

12. make buttons available for the buckets to make it easier to toggle - see pic

13. right click or button or info button - something which can show distance travelled in the day per vehicle

I will ask my clients for the same feedback and add more, this is just a short list. You have an amazing portal and the ability it has is unmatchable - glad to know you are making great even greater now.
Thank you for taking time to submit your feedback, it is much appreciated. We will look into your suggestions. Happy to hear that you enjoy our product.
Regards,
Caroline

GpsGate Support

caroline
GpsGate

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 am

The first UI update is released to BETA with a new set of buttons and a flatter design. Do note that this is still in BETA and should be installed on a test server before being installed on a live server!

How to update:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins.
3. Change repository URL to: beta.gpsgate.com
4. Update plugin Updates.v5

If you are using any of the following plugins, update them as well if you see buttons that look strange.

Area Search
Dashboard
Dispatch Disclaimer! This will change how Dispatch works and should only be installed on a test server.
Read more about it here: http://forum.gpsgate.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19995

Fuel Consumption
Maintenance
PointsOfInterest
TrackReplay
Regards,
Caroline

GpsGate Support

john.survey.2010

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

Improving GPSGATE mobile interface should be number one priority. It takes too long to open up as compared to other softwares in the market. We are loosing business due to this.

limyo

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 am

Hello,

I suggest Geofence:
-Have list table similar to POI list.
-Can add custom field.
-Searchable.
-Click center on map.
-Display Geofence and name base on map zoom level.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

mohdfarook2k

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am

Hello,
Please consider to add additional field to fill fuel and KM details on Mobile app (Dispatch). So that driver can fill the details and send to server. Also option to take image and sign.

Strack01

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 pm

The first UI update is released to BETA with a new set of buttons and a flatter design.

How to update:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins.
3. Change repository URL to: beta.gpsgate.com
4. Update plugin Updates.v5

If you are using any of the following plugins, please make sure they are also updated:

Area Search
Dashboard
Dispatch
Fuel Consumption
Maintenance
PointsOfInterest
TrackReplay
the new icon for network connection - is confusing and misleading. a lot of us use the green, red, yellow icons for other event rules and this is just getting lost in there. Please use another icon for online status

also the column for track in the right panel - can no longer be adjusted.
Last edited by Strack01 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”