BETA: MapBox map support for VehicleTracker
This plugin enables the use of the MapBox maps.
How to install
0. Sign up for MapBox at: https://www.mapbox.com/signup/
Create a new map project here: https://www.mapbox.com/projects/
(Needed in step 2).
1. Download the MapBox plugin from the GpsGate Server Beta plugin repository "beta.gpsgate.com"
You do this from SiteAdmin->Plugins and select Get More Plugins. Change URL to http://beta.gpsgate.com Search for "MapBox" and click Install.
(You might also need the updated "CoreMap" plugin, please install it as above if it's requested).
2. Go to SiteAdmin->Maps->MapBox.
Enter your MapBox "API Access Token" (also called "Default Public Token") and Map ID (style) in the fields named access_token and map_id respectively.
(See page in step 0).
(Some more default Map ID styles can be found here also: https://www.mapbox.com/developers/api/maps/ )
3. Go to SiteAdmin->Applications and enable the plugin for the application(s) of your choice. You do that in Privileges and Roles->Enable/Disable Features, then select Maps->_UseMapPlugin->MapBox.
- If you use a firewall please make sure this url-pattern is open:
- Please check the MapBox data plans and choose according to your needs: https://www.mapbox.com/plans/
- While zooming, the map markers will not follow the animation until finished.
- Geocoding is not yet supported.