GpsGate Server v4.0 released!
How to upgrade an existing server
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins
4. Upgrade Core
5. Go to Plugins.
6. Go to "Get More Plugins"
7. Install "Patch.v4"
8. Upgrade all plugins listed as "red".
How to make a clean install.
Download and install from here (ONLY for NEW installations, not for upgrades): http://gpsgate.com/download
If you want to re-install follow this guide: http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14647
New features in v4.0
* Find customer usage trends using the Statistics plugin http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/siteadmin_feature_statistic
* The Dispatch plugin has been updated with new functionality, better workflow and performance. It supports the Garmin fleet 590 and other Garmin FMI PNDs in combination with Atrack, WirelessLinks, Queclink, Systech and Teltonika tracking devices.
* Notes can be placed on any user or vehicle. They can be used to inform a technician that a device or vehicle needs maintenance or as a messaging tool between operators. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/user_notes
* Draw Trips http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/trip_view_feature
* Easily add columns with latest variable values to the vehicle list. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/variables_in_vehicle_list
* Cell ID positioning http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/cell_id_cell_towers_locations
* Track Replay allows to playback historical tracks. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/track_replay
* Event Time Line and easy to zoom into relevant vehicles and events. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/gpsgate_server_4.0
* Include arguments on reports based on Event Rules just adding them on the notification section. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/displaying_arguments_on_event_rule_reports
* SiteAdmin Privileges You can now customize user privileges in SiteAdmin application. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/siteadmin_privileges
* Reporting Charts. You can now add charts to your reports http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16874
* The Signal Graphs feature in Vehicle Tracker allows to quickly visualize all numerical signals in track points. The data can be any signal transmitted by a tracker such as Speed, Acceleration, Fuel levels, Battery level, or Engine on/off.
* In addition to circle and polygon geofences, it is now possible to create Route Geofences. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/route_geofence
* Buckets for quick selection of vehicles on map. http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16604
* The Payment plugin is designed to help manage payments to your end users. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/payment
* Event Rule Script Expressions http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/script_expressions and Script Notifiers http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/script_notifiers
* Device Mapper Scripting http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/device_mapper_scripting
* Localization Editor http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/localization_editor
* UserSync enables system administrators to define copy rules, which automates user copying between applications. Defining copy rules can be very useful when you want users of an application to be moved to another application automatically or if you want specific types of users to be collected in an overview application. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/usersync_plugin
* Dock Windows to Panels and back. http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16821
* Batch Edit of Privileges in Roles http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16833
* Batch Import Users Import batch of users/devices to an application from a CSV file. http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16834
* Smart Labels (non-overlapping) http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16843
* The AccessFilter plugin makes it possible for you to control which IP addresses can access your GpsGate Server. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/accessfilter_plugin
* Edit User Access Mask lets you control which fields are visible when editing a User. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/control_editable_user_fields
* Spam block prevents a faulty Event Rule to send too many emails or SMS messages to one single recipient.
* SMS & Email Quota per application. http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17600
* Use multiple Email http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/configuring_email_providers and SMS providers http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/configuring_sms_providers
* Click Scripts for geofences enable you to trigger custom http requests whenever an operator creates, modifies or removes a geofence.
New features in GpsGate Server v3.1 http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15121
New features in GpsGate Server v3.0 http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12519
Please read this guide for how to use Sound Alarm in GpsGate Server v4.0 http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/sound_alarm_plugin
How to upgrade from 1.x and 2.x http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12518
Note! An upgraded server can not be downgraded again!