How to backup and restore a GpsGate Server installation
Here is how to backup and restore the MySQL database
Backup GpsGate Server files
GpsGate Server is typically installed under C:\GpsGateServer or under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\GpsGateServer
Backup the following folders to an off site location
"Franson NMEA Service"
Note that you should backup the files to some remote place.
Every time you install or update a plugin the GpsGate Server files needs to be backed up.
Restore GpsGate Server files
If you want to restore a backup on a new server. For example if you want to move to a larger server, or if your old server hard disk has crashed.
First of all restore the database as described in the link above.
Secondly restore the GpsGate Server files using the following steps:
1. Download GpsGate Server here:
2. Run GpsGateServer.exe on NEW server.
Cancel the Wizard when it starts!
3. Delete the following folders
C:\GpsGateInstall\GpsGateServer\Franson NMEA Service
The folder is GpsGateInstall!
4. Copy your backup GpsGate Server files to C:\GpsGateInstall\GpsGateServer replacing the folders you deleted in the step above.
Now you have a new installer with the correct files!!
5. Run C:\GpsGateInstall\Install.exe on your new server.
During install selected the restored database.