dikobraz

BUFFER reports

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi,
how does gpsgate handle +BUFFER reports? Some devices, such as queclink GL200 and GL300 have an internal buffer, so if a GSM coverage is lost, they save the positions and reports in an internal buffer and once the connection is established, these reports are sent to server .
How does GPS nadle these buffer reports? Are they handled the same whey as regular FRI reports?
Where are data from these reporst stored?

My server seems to be treating them differently and I often get gaps in my data for no obvious reason [GPS signal is ok].

johan
GpsGate

Re: BUFFER reports

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

dikobraz

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Thank you Johan for the link.
Howeve, this does not answer my question. My point of interest in not Live events, but having a complete GPS track. On GL200 and GL300 the order in which the data are delivered is quite hard to control [especially when the GSM coverage is not good].

Well, the question is, if the BUFFER reports are sent to GPSgate, are they are stored? And are they stored in the same database as live data or are they stored somewhere else [in different tables]?

johan
GpsGate

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am

They are stored.

And how they are processed and used is explained in the guide I linked to above.

Please note that direct database access is not supported. And if you do that anyway, your server will stop working. The database schema changes every release.

Please read about supported methods to integrate to GpsGate Server here:
http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8097
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

dikobraz

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Ok, so I simplify my question:
Are the buffer reports included in the track history?

Basically what we need is to reconstruct the complete track regardless whether the data were sent as live or as buffer. If they buffered data are stored at a different place, where?

We dont plan to upgrade exactly because the scheme changes. Thanks

johan
GpsGate

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

Yes, the buffered data is stored in the track history.

Please note that direct database access will crash your server. And we give no support. Do not make yourself dependent on a solution with direct database access in any way.
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

fssandri

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 pm

I need to identify which points were buffered. Is it possible to put information in the track points window?

johan
GpsGate

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 am

I need to identify which points were buffered. Is it possible to put information in the track points window?
Please contact support @ gpsgate.com
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”