bertagnan

Device Mapper Scripting - filter

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I have been looking to find an answer to this question and I hope I didn't miss the right post.

It is my understanding that device mapper output scripts are stateless. Is there a way to prevent a datum being updated when ignition is off? We have a device transmitting CAN data with a custom app using the GPSGATE Generic device. This device is transmitting 102% fuel level when the ignition is off. Is there a way in the Device Mapper Scripting to prevent the datum from being saved and keep the last one when ignition is off? returning null let the wrong datum pass through. Unfortunately we don't have access to the third party application.

Thanks in advance for your help

bertagnan

Re: Device Mapper Scripting - filter

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Anyone? It would be great to get just some directions and whether feasible or not feasible.

mikelord

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:52 pm

It is not more convenient to define in the same GPS hardware, that only sends data when certain events happen?, For example when it is ignition in ON or by physical movement or GPS position?

regards

MCO
Desde Chile

mikelord

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 pm

It is not more convenient to define in the same GPS hardware, that only sends data when certain events happen?, For example when it is ignition in ON or by physical movement or GPS position?

regards

MCO
Desde Chile

bertagnan

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Of course. The point is that the software driver is sending invalid data. The best would be, indeed, to have the driver not sending invalid data. Since this, for now, can't be done, we were just wondering if we could prevent data from being saved under certain conditions or to stay the last valid value. Unfortunately the scripting of the device mapper does not allow to access to previous data and I don't think, per architecture, what we are trying to do is feasible.

mikelord

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:45 pm

What device are you using?, Usually invalid data is generated when the hardware has no valid GPS position.

regards

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”