Beach Bum

Label Text Colour

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi,

Wondering if there's a way to turn off the border colour of a labels background. I want the background colour but not border which is specified by the Pen command I think... Setting the .width to 0 doesn't help. Is there a way to hide the border please ?

Wondering how to display text (no background this time) in various colours. I'm using a LABEL to display some text BUT it's always displayed BLACK and I seem unable to change this using either the Pen or the Brush objects... Again, is there a way to display label text in some colour other than Black please ?

Thanks - appreciated.

Regards,

...and there it was... gone !

Beach Bum

RE: Label Text Colour

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 pm

One way to 'remove' the border / outline of the brushed (non-transparent) label background is simply to set the Pen RGB properties to the same as the Brush RGB values... and apply both to the Label...

I guess this means that a border IS drawn BUT it's the same colur as the background Brush so isn't obvious / seen...

So, now, it's just how to display a Label in various colours (transparent background) ? Like I say, all I can get is Black, Black or Black... like Henry Ford...

Is there a way around this please ?

Regards,

Beach Bum

RE: Label Text Colour

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 pm

Oops - [:I]

I've been struggling with this for a while... I didn't realise that the Labels FONT color is set via the FONT.COLOR property...
I further didn't realise (read the manual) that the FONT.COLOR property uses a SET .... objPEN onject to set the colour...

Ooops - sorry to have wasted anyone's time...

Hope this helps others though...

Regards,

Return to “GpsTools”