This guide covers the setup of WirelessLinks Piccolo Plus with a FMI enabled Garmin PND
For discussions and feedback see:
Enable support in Gpsgate Server:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Click Plugins
3. Change repository URL to beta.gpsgate.com
4. Install "WirelessLinks"
5. Install "Garmin"
For Chat and Dispatch support you need Chat and Dispatch as well.
Configure the device to connect to GpsGate Server
1. Use this guide to get the device connected to GpsGate Server:
2. You will also need to add the Garmin PND as a secondary device for the user.
3. Enable a secondary device for the "Device" User Type by open the User Type Editor found in the vehicle list setting menu.
4. Select "Device" in the User Type drop down list
5. Enable the checkbox found at the right side for the "Device 2" section.
6. Click "Save"
7. Open the Edit User form for your user
8. Select "Garmin PND" as device type in the "Device 2" section
9. Click "Save"
For more info about edit users and user type see:
Configure the Piccolo Plus device to work with a Garmin PND
1. In the connection tab of the GpsLink Config tool to set "Send keep alive every" 120 sec
2. In the RS232 tab of the GpsLink Config tool to set "Secondary RS323 service" to "Garmin FMI Service"
More info is found in "Piccolo Plus Garmin FMI Transport service.pdf" document shipped with your device.
Tips and troubleshooting
To monitor data communication between tracker and server you can use the "Terminal". More info here:
Wiring is described in the "Piccolo Plus Garmin FMI Transport service.pdf" document shipped with your device.