I have a few pre-sales questions regarding the Windows ActiveX version of your Serial Tools product. The aim is to communicate with a 3rd party application over a serial connection using just one of your Serial Tools Virual Ports (acting like a null modem cable between the two).
1) Can the Vport class handle binary data e.g. Using VB6 byte array in the range 0-255?
2) Why does the Vport class not have similar functions to the Port class like 'StringToByteArray' and 'ByteArrayToString'?
3) I have tried passing the variant 'Data' from the Vports 'OnDataFromPort' event to the conversion functions of an instantiated standard 'Port' object but the data does not appear to convert? Can you confirm how to read/write binary data using the Vport class?
4) Unlike the standard 'Port' class there does not appear to be anyway of controlling the baud rate, parity, stop bits etc. Is it possible or does the port just get configured by the 3rd party application?
5) Are there any performance or functional limitations in the 14 day trial version of this component that I should be aware of?
6) Why are you better than your competitors offering similar products Fabulatech, Eltima, etc?
Many thanks in advance for you help in these matters.