Crossy

Serial Tools with Visual Studio 2008

Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I tried to run the NoEvent sample using VB 2008 under Vista.
The VB conversion program converted it to 2008 without reporting errors but when running under debug it comes up with the following errors ?. These appear before the Start button is clicked !

A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in NoEvents.exe
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in NoEvents.exe
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in SerialNET.200.dll

What am I doing wrong.

Regards

GC

TimH

RE: Serial Tools with Visual Studio 2008

Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 am

There is a chance that you are doing nothing wrong. While we do use serial tools, I have never seen this specific error, but at the same time, we're not using VB 2008 on Vista. But when we DID do our last conversion, all of a sudden we started getting all kinds of 'first chance exception' errors, and I panicked--until I realized that they were doing me no harm. Everything still ran fine. Ends up that my previous version did not have a setting activated to show those errors.

So, if you don't already know that things don't work right any longer, it's worth a try to see things still run fine as in the past.

Return to “SerialTools”