Warning: This is a major BETA update and contains breaking changes and removed features for users of Dispatch 4. It will also contain bugs. Please read all these notes before installing the update. A feature that you rely on for your day to day business might be significantly altered or missing in this BETA update.
Important changes are documented in the Retired Features and Known Issues sections. We will be releasing frequent fixes and features for this BETA update during its life time and encourage you to participate in the trial on your test or staging server to be a part of shaping the final version of Dispatch 5.
- User interface is rewritten - This marks the debut of our new design language for Gpsgate Server 5. The current UI is a re-implemented version of the Dispatch 4 UI with a new twist on a card style view for the main Dispatch panel. The underlying UI tech has been completely rewritten and the interface will be updated frequently during the beta and after release as our design team continues their work on transforming the entire GpsGate Server interface.
- More flexible workflows - Operators now have more control over creating, modifying and dispatching jobs. Drag and drop job and route functionality makes distributing jobs quick and we have less strict rules over what can be done at each stage of the Job life cycle to allow you to work the way you need.
- Route optimisation improvements - Route optimisation now is much faster and has more accurate results. It also allows various distance optimisation scenarios including pinning the start and end stop, or factoring in returning to the depot at the end of the route. We have enabled this feature with a maximum of 100 jobs for the beta but will be extending the limit as we progress through testing.
- Dispatch Android and iOS apps - We now have native apps for Dispatch for the two major mobile platforms. Download the app from Google Play or the App Store, scan a QR code generated by your Dispatch operators and have live access to your jobs on the go with integrated turn-by-turn navigation to jobs.
- Dispatch JSON API - We have a new API available for Dispatch that does not use the SOAP protocol. This API has the same core features but is accessed using HTTP GET or POST with a JSON payload. The functionality of the API remains the same as the SOAP one.
- Server side redesign - The server side of Dispatch now uses the GpsGate 5 reactive design principles and uses push technology to communicate with the user interface. This should lead to a much more responsive experience for the user, even when handling large quantities of jobs.
- Dispatch Analytics panel - See graphs of meaningful data on the state of your days jobs. Work toward turning all your dials green to ensure that your fleet's work is done on time.
Please check out our blog on Dispatch beta 5 for a detailed breakdown of our new UI and features.
- GpsGate Dispatch SOAP API - This has been retired in favour of the GpsGate Dispatch JSON API. The calls available in the JSON API have the same features as those available in the SOAP API. If you have an integration with the GpsGate Dispatch SOAP API today, you should be able to port your application to the new JSON API with very minimal changes. Switch your networking implementation from SOAP to JSON and almost all of your logic can remain the same. Please contact us with any bugs, issues or missing features you find.
- GpsGate Dispatch Fleet plugin - The Dispatch Worker UI has been removed from GpsGate Fleet. This has been replaced with our new Dispatch app for Android and iOS. This leaves the Windows platform temporarily with no available Dispatch Worker mobile interface. We will be sharing more information about this in an upcoming release.
- Garmin TAPI device support - This platform by Garmin is deprecated and devices are no longer manufactured or sold. We recommend that all Garmin TAPI customers check out the new Garmin Fleet 660 and 670 models which are based on Android, are fully integrated with GpsGate Server and provide all TAPI functionality and more.
- GpsGate Dispatch Worker mobile interface is currently only available for Android and iOS - more details on this will be shared in the coming weeks.
- Route Optimisation with more than 100 jobs in the route - due to return before beta phase ends.
- Automatic, easy to schedule route dispatching - due to return before beta phase ends.
- Batch operations inside Routes - due to return before beta phase ends.
- Batch operations on the main Dispatch panel - due to return before beta phase ends.
- Garmin integration - This is currently also in a beta phase. Garmin FMI devices are in beta level support but Garmin TAPI devices are now no longer supported.
Please contact us with any bug reports or feedback you have.