ddywz

Unable to select geofence that I created under expressions

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 am

I setup a circle geofence and gave it a name. When I setup an event rule and pick geofence expression I see only "Go inside-alarm" in the dropbox for selection. I do not see the geofence I created and its name available for selection. Any idea why?

I did updated Core to 5.0.0.53; Updated.v5 to 5.0.0.408. I did update to 5.0 after getting the latest patch.v4 and other updated that were available.

Is this issue related to a patch level? Do I need any other plugin to be able to setup geofence alert notifications?

Thanks,

johan
GpsGate

Re: Unable to select geofence that I created under expressions

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 am

Please make sure you add the Geofence to a Geofence Tag.

More info: http://gpsgate.com/video_viewer/geofences/
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

ddywz

Re: Unable to select geofence that I created under expressions

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:17 am

I could not do so. when I go to geofences I do not see the views to associate it with a tag. After struggling around I found out where the issue was and was able to fix it. All is working great now. For those like me that have this issue I had to go to "Site Admin app" and then click on application you created and go to "Privileges and features". Here you have to select the check boxes for: _EditGeofence, _EditGeofenceTag, _EditRouteGeofence, _ReadGeofence, _ReadGeofenceInTag. After enabling these features I logged in application and feature was there so I could associate a geofence with a tag and also setup Gefence by route option.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”