JayFF

EV1000 Event Rule Report EventRule Dropdown

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 am

Hi All,

For some of our users, the EventRule dropdown in the standard EV1000 Event Rule report will not allow them to select any events. We are using roles in this application. The dropdown correctly displays the events that are selected for the role in the Events ... _ReadEventRule tree. The role has _CreateReport for the EV1000 Event Rule and _ViewReport for Event Rule, the name we gave the report when we added it to the application. Clicking "Select All" at the top of the list has no effect. When I scroll the mouse over the event list, the checkboxes do not change color and clicking a checkbox has no effect.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please let me know how you fixed it. I am pretty sure I am missing a privilege for the role but can't figure out which one it is.

Thanks as always for your help.

Regards,
Jay
J. F. Florey

JayFF

Re: EV1000 Event Rule Report EventRule Dropdown

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi All,

I did some more testing on this issue this morning and discovered one additional wrinkle. Not every user in a particular role can select events in the EventRule drop down. Is there some other permission controlling this selection?

Regards,
Jay
J. F. Florey

JayFF

Re: EV1000 Event Rule Report EventRule Dropdown

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 am

Hi All,

I have figured it out. In the Role Privileges tab, under Reporting there is an item called _PreventProcessDataOnDemand. I had that item checked and that was what prevented the user from selecting individual events to report on. I also discovered that if a user is in multiple roles, and any of the roles the user is in has that item checked the user will not be allowed to select events.

Cheers,
Jay
J. F. Florey

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”