AndrewC
GpsGate

RE: Dispatch plugin redesigned!

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:51 pm

New BETA Release

Fixes
Incomplete phrase in Dispatch.english.lang file resolved.Lateness visible on jobs in Mobile DispatchDispatch SOAP API Route calls signature changed.

CreateRoute, DispatchRoute, DeleteRoute calls "strSessionId" property changed to "strSessionID" to be consistent with all other calls in Dispatch SOAP API. This is a breaking change. See the SOAP Kit for full documentation. http://update.gpsgate.com/PlatformKit/SoapKit.zip

Any number of jobs in a route should be allowed while editing a routeRoute marker in Mobile jobs list now correctly aligned leftCompleted jobs now displaying greyed out text in Mobile DispatchNew stops added to Routes now use the application local time instead of browser

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Alon

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update.

I miss one basic capability - when adding a job (either through route or not), I cannot search for POI or POI ID. That will be very valuable as my clients who want to use the dispatch will use it to dispatch their vehicles to their clients which are already defined as POIs in the system.
Allowing the user to search for a POI by name or ID makes sense, no?

Thanks.

limyo

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Originally posted by AndrewC

Hi Limyo,

Automatic job ID numbers remove any issues with user created collisions accidentally wiping data so we will likely keep those. The top two suggestions would work really well with our Custom Fields feature though.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Hello Andrew,

I created 2 custom fields:
-Shipment #
-Order #
These 2 field display in same row of Job, but what I suggest is Shipment# can display on top. What I mean is one shipment ship multi-order to multi-destination.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Originally posted by Alon

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update.

I miss one basic capability - when adding a job (either through route or not), I cannot search for POI or POI ID. That will be very valuable as my clients who want to use the dispatch will use it to dispatch their vehicles to their clients which are already defined as POIs in the system.
Allowing the user to search for a POI by name or ID makes sense, no?

Thanks.

Hi Alon,

We will be looking to add that functionality. We agree that it's a good addition.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Originally posted by limyo
Hello Andrew,

I created 2 custom fields:
-Shipment #
-Order #
These 2 field display in same row of Job, but what I suggest is Shipment# can display on top. What I mean is one shipment ship multi-order to multi-destination.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

Hi Yo Lim,

Ah, okay. I misunderstood slightly. You are looking to add a field to the route. I will add this to the feature suggestion list. We can possibly take a look at that as we work on the plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Hello Andrew,

Yes, the custom field "Shipment#" to the Route, on top of form.
And the custom field "Order#" to row of Job.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm

New BETA Release

Features
SOAP call to alter "Comment" field on Dispatch service with update to SOAPKit documentationDrawn route lines available when clicking route spring-out as well as in edit route windowDispatch "Job" click event publisher for Apps added to Dispatch pluginAdd Worker filters now available in the Edit Route window. Show closest workers with no jobs, or closest with no active job
Fixes
Dispatch app scripting switched to use configured application time zone instead of UTC (This should be more intuitive for scripters)Fix for deleting a POI breaking jobs, routes and job reports in some casesFix for CreateRoute SOAP API call defaulting all job scheduled time to now

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon May 09, 2016 2:46 pm

New BETA Release

Fixes
Refresh a job's buttons after using routing feature in Mobile DispatchOnly return Dispatch workers in GetAssignableWorkers in Dispatch SOAP APIAdded GetAssignableWorkers function to Dispatch app scripting featureRouting functionality in Mobile Dispatch disabled when not accessing site via https

Please note that this a security restriction imposed by the browsers and not by GpsGate. We have simply disabled the buttons in the UI to prevent users being presented with a button that will not function. Please consider enabling HTTPS on your server to re-enable the functionality and keep your data more secure.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 am

Hello Andrew,

I appreciate many update for dispatch module.
I have more suggest:
1- When you plan release custom field on the top for route as shipment number and in row of job as order number. Please see my sample suggestion picture.
http://s32.postimg.org/y9q8g3rrp/Route_20160510.jpg
2- In this route module Above or the same row of job I suggest to have Start point, and should have distant calculation from start point to each job destination.
I hope your team will take time consider about these features.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm

New BETA Release

Features
Dispatch reporting upgraded with access to previously unavailable properties in the Jobs system query and a new Routes system queryJob custom field values can now be edited by workers on their own jobs in Mobile DispatchDispatch is now supported in the Cleanup plugin so that the database can be cleared of all old "Completed" jobs

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:30 am

Hello Andrew,
I see dispatch (Route) module improving a lot.
Even though it not yet meet customers need. I have more suggest and actually suggest this I already send by email suggested since 18-Dec-2014.
Please see bellow link picture:
http://s33.postimg.org/ddalnlcgv/Dispat ... 160603.jpg

I hope your team consider my suggest features.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

GPS2014

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi Andrew,
To make dispatch a full mobile worker solution would it be possible to add the following feature.
- Signature (using your finger to sign on smartphone screen)
- Ability to take a picture as part of the job and sent back to server
- Custom Dockets

i hope some or all is possible
Thanks in Advance

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:42 pm

New BETA Release

Features
Custom fields for RoutesCustom fields for Jobs now editable based on privilege settings in both Mobile and Vehicle TrackerNew Job calendar on Mobile DispatchCreated jobs now store POI informationCSV Import for Jobs now supports custom fields
Updates
Route optimisation rewritten to allow routes with many more jobs (100+)Automatic ETA calculation for new jobs added to Route UI. These ETAs factor in distance, road speed limits and job durations
Fixes
Custom field type "list" displays incorrect format in Job listPrint button fails to appear on Job List when Job List saved to workspace

For those who have reported bugs that do not have fixes in this patch, please note that there will be another patch soon with some additional fixes.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

GPS2014

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 pm

When you select print on the job list it only prints jobs in the current view of your screen, jobs that you have to scroll down to see are not included in the print selection

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:15 pm

New BETA Release

Fixes
GetAllChanges() doesn't return all updated jobs in SOAP APIMobile Dispatch translation keys updated

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”