rainer

observations with GpsGate2.0 beta 5

Wed May 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi Johan,

i did some testing today with GpsGate 2.0 (beta 5) using a Garmin eTrex Legend C (USB only) and forwarding the output to VisualGPS.

Here are a few observations:

GSV sentences are working now (that's the good news as this didn't work for me with earlier beta-releases).
However it seems the azimuth in GSV-sentences is still not ok: Values are jumping wildly between 0 an 2047 which makes me believe that this actually is the "phase" of the received signal.

The HDOP, VDOP and PDOP values shown in the above configuration (usually somewhere between 10..40) differ significantly from the values i'm used
to see with my old NMEA-capable GPS (roughly in the range 1..8). Is that really the DOP-values or perhaps the EPE-values (horizontal, vertical, total)? I observed that the condition PDOP^2 = HDOP^2 + VDOP^2 always holds.

No idea whether this findings are due to my configuration or GPS-receiver, but perhaps you might want to have a closer look on them.

Thanks so far,

Rainer.

johan
GpsGate

RE: observations with GpsGate2.0 beta 5

Thu May 11, 2006 12:45 am

Thanks for your feedback! We'll take a look at this. Please let me know if you to some more "observations"

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”