itwonder

Bluetooth GPS Authentication

Fri May 05, 2006 8:36 pm

Using GoPass GPT700 BT GPS (Nemerix). Just reconfigured to use GpsGate BT interface for source instead of connecting through virtual com port. Works great. [^] Wondering if there is a way to overcome these shortcomings, which are admittedly the same if I connect in Windows using Widcomm...so it's probably driver related, but I'll ask anyway:

1. Upon "Open", GPS will fail to connect with connection error pop-up on every 2nd try. "Close" and then try "Open" again, and it will connect.

2. Is there any way to automate inputting the "0000" standard GPS password? In Windows Widcomm interface, it's possible for standard BT services, but I see no way for the service added by the GPS. Any way GpsGate can help?

Bob

itwonder

RE: Bluetooth GPS Authentication

Fri May 05, 2006 9:58 pm

I should have been more precise. The error I get upon every 2nd connection attempt is a pop-up message:

Error in pairing with device BT GPS Reason: Authentication Failed Try pairing with device again.

I do not get the password prompt.

By setting GpsGate to Retry connection to Input on: Timeout it will automatically make the second attempt. So that helps work around the problem. Still have to type in that password though.

Bob

johan
GpsGate

Sat May 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Thanks for your input!

I'll make sure we add the option to authenticate (bond) to the GPS in the next beta release.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Mon May 08, 2006 3:59 pm

This feature is included in GpsGate 2.0 beta5

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”