glorfindel

GPS in browser only works under local admin

Thu May 18, 2017 7:39 pm

We're testing a new version of mapping software that depends on GPS in browser functionality & that appears to only work when user has local admin rights. I only got the popup asking to use the GPS data always or not when the local user account was in the local administrators group & then the GPS in the web-based mapping program worked but after removing the local account from the local administrators group (reverting it back to a standard windows user), the GPS no longer works. My understanding is that GPS in browser generates a local webserver & apparently that's not allowed in a standard user account. Wondered if you have a fix for that since in the wake of WannaCry, we can't safely operate as local admins. I upgraded to the latest version of GPSgate splitter (2.6.0.402) & no change. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide!

glorfindel

Re: GPS in browser only works under local admin

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Could someone please respond to this question? I'm still stuck on this issue and we're unable to move forward with the application upgrade until this gets resolved. Thanks!

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”