Frankenstien

upgrade GpsGate Client v2.6.0.402 to Splitter?

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi all ... I'm having trouble getting a Garmin GPSmap 62sc device seen as providing real-time position data by the Subject GpsGate Client on an XP Pro SP3 32-bit OS ... I have updated the device itself (to Software Version 4.90) and my Garmin USB driver (to 19-Apr-12, v2.3.1.0), however, so far, the device is only seen by XP Device Manager as two valid instances of mass storage devices (flash & SD), and, under 'GARMIN Devices' as 'Garmin USB GPS', however, the latter (only) is greyed out (not seen as connected / Code 45).

Garmin offered me a version of GpsGate Client they call GpsGate Splitter ('GpsGateClient.exe', Setup Launcher 5.0.349.0 ... which appears to be essentially GpsGate Client 2.6.0.402, at it's core) ... should I install it or is that really not my issue?

FYI - I was using a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx with my current GpsGate Client installation and 'Garmin USB' as an input source was always fine.

The device itself offers several different Interfaces: 'Garmin Spanner', 'Garmin Serial' (default?, and correct choice in this circumstance?), 'NMEA In/Out', 'Text Out' & 'RTCM'.

Any help would be appreciated as Garmin has elected to defer to GpsGate / Franson in this matter.

Thanks, FFF

johan
GpsGate

RE: upgrade GpsGate Client v2.6.0.402 to Splitter?

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 am

GpsGate Splitter and GpsGate Client is the same application. It just changed names.

GpsGate Splitter can take input from a Garmin GPS and provide NMEA data to Virtual COM ports as output. Many use GpsGate Splitter this way. However you need to test to verify it works as you expect.

If you only need two Virtual COM ports, the free Express license is enough.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Frankenstien

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Thank you johan ... the issue was seemingly avoiding going into mass storage mode ... which I am suddenly able to do now when connecting the Garmin device ... I believe the situation has sorted itself out ... and ... as I believe I paid for my GpsGate Client way back when, I think I'll leave it alone as it is working fine now.

FYI - Garmin T.S. says use the Garmin Spanner interface mode ...

FFF

In every corporate organization, there will be an individual who knows everything that goes on at any given moment - this person MUST be fired immediately!

johan
GpsGate

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Your tag line "In every corporate organization, there will be an individual who knows everything that goes on at any given moment - this person MUST be fired immediately!"

Why?

Should Steve Jobs have been fired?

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Frankenstien

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:22 pm

My idea of humour ... with a little truth leavened in ... as for Steve Jobs, I don't know all that much about him as I am i-phobic.

In every corporate organization, there will be an individual who knows everything that goes on at any given moment - this person MUST be fired immediately!

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”