sgibson

BlueTools not working with latest Widcomm stack.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm

I am working with the latest Widcomm stack. Vers 1.9.0.4800. I can discover and connect without issue. When I query for services the stream object throws an exception.” Failed to set the security level of the connection. Try restarting the bluetooth stack.”. My remote radio is set to mode 1 and no authorization is required. I get the same set of errors from my application as I do from the “find and connect” example program. Has anyone run across this issue? Has anyone successfully used Bluetools with this stack?

Here is Broadcom's response to the issue:

The issue seems to be that the Franson SDK has linked against an old version of our library (BtSdkCE30) that we phased out some time ago. This DLL issues IOCTL’s to our stack driver that it doesn’t understand. They (Franson) should now be using BtSdkCE50 instead and doing so from Visual Studio 2005 or later (we don’t support eVC4 any more either).

Can you please check with Franson to get a new version of their software to work with our v1.9 stack and later?

sherp

RE: BlueTools not working with latest Widcomm stack.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:35 am

I am having the same problem with a HTC Touch Pro 2 which is apparently using this new version of the widcomm stack.

Is there any fix available?

sgibson

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Yes It's the Touch Pro 2 that I'm working with as well. With my schedule I can’t wait for Franson. I have started writing my own interface using Broadcom’s SDK. I used this project http://trackday.cc/b2evo/blog2.php/2008/09/09/widcomm-broadcom-bluetooh-sdk-c-wrapper-1 as a starting point. From the few comments I’ve have received from Franson I don’t know if they even plan on updating Bluetools to support the new stack. [?]

sherp

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:24 am

I e-mailed them and got the reply that I could license the source code for $1000. Now I'm evaluating if that would be cheaper than using an alternative. Either developing it by myself or looking into InTheHand support ... apparently they are working on widcomm integration.

btw: same problems on a HTC Diamond 2

bluekey2009

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Hello everybody. We have a bluetooth connection problem using Franson Bluetools on HTC-Touch Pro2. In devices Windows Mobile 6.0 there is not any problem, so yes, it is possible the problem is associated to Franson Bluetools not working ok with the new version of widcomm stack.
Is Franson working in a new version in order to solve this problem? Any news?

mehmetavsar

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

bad news.

Return to “BlueTools”