pshaw

Discovery After form closes

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:27 pm

I am using the Find and Connect form in my application to find BT hardware and add them to a database for later use. The only thing I have changed is I removed the Dispose() from the On_Closing event of the form and dispose when the application closes. The problem I have is the first time I open the discovery form and do a discovery it works perfectly. If I close the form and reopen it the discovery finds nothing. I don't get an error message, just a empty device list. If I close the app add reopen it everything works fine again...until I close the form and re-open it. What am I missing?

Jonas

RE: Discovery After form closes

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Depends on how you re-open the window. Maybe you are missing some event handlers which are initialized on startup but not when you open the window again?

Regards,
Jonas

pshaw

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 pm

The events are started on the discover button click event...just like the sample.
private void cmdDiscover_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//deviceList.Items.Clear();
try
{

Franson.Guide.SharedNetwork sharedNetwork = SharedNetwork.GetSharedNetwork();

sharedNetwork.Network.CancelDeviceDiscovery();

sharedNetwork.AddEvent(this, EventType.DeviceDiscoveryStarted, new Franson.BlueTools.BlueToolsEventHandler(DeviceDiscoveryStarted));
sharedNetwork.AddEvent(this, EventType.DeviceDiscovered, new Franson.BlueTools.BlueToolsEventHandler(DeviceDiscovered));
sharedNetwork.AddEvent(this, EventType.DeviceDiscoveryCompleted, new Franson.BlueTools.BlueToolsEventHandler(DeviceDiscoveryCompleted));

sharedNetwork.Network.DiscoverDevicesAsync();

}
catch (Exception exc)
{
MessageBox.Show(exc.Message);
}

}

natgs18

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Pshaw, how did you solve that problem?
Regards,
n.

pshaw

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 am

Hi n, yes I solved it by using m_network.DiscoverDevicesAsync(); instead of events. I still have the issue of Application.Exit doesn't close the application down after the Discovery is made. If you need the code PM me.

Return to “BlueTools”