paulhutchins

Run from SD card on CE device

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:57 am

Hello,

I have a car stereo with a built in GPS on which I would like to run GPSGate.
The device is running Windows CE .net 4.2 from ROM. When I turn off the car the volatile memory is erased and the device boots entirely off of the ROM at next boot. I can not make changes to the ROM and I do not have activesync connectivity.

The GPS software that came with the unit is Smart2Go by Nokia. It is installed entirely on an SD card and autoruns because it is named in a text file in the root of the card.

I have purchased a copy of TomTom 6 and have installed it on the SD card and it runs just fine except for it not being able to communicate with the GPS.

I have taken the files for GPSGate 1.1 from the cab file, renamed them, and put them in a folder on the SD card. Gpsgate will start and run just fine like this but I can not create a virtual com port.

I have read in other posts that the configuration for gpsgate is stored in the system registry. This will not work for me as changes to the registry will not survive a reboot.

Is there a way for me to use your product on the system that I have described?

Thank you,
Paul

paulhutchins

RE: Run from SD card on CE device

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:15 am

Does anyone read this fourm anymore?

mlussier

RE: Run from SD card on CE device

Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 am

I just started and the use of the windows CE was the direction I was lookin to go.

Maybe not now !

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”