tocopan

NMEA data

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:05 am

Hi everyone,

i'm new to all this stuff, and i've been reading and testing with the sdk. What i haven't found is a software to read a NMEA data file and re-create a trip (just to mention an example) based on the data saved from the GPS NMEA sentences.

I was trying with MapPoint (from Microsoft) without luck. I was looking the web without results.

Can anyone help me or give a hint?
Thanks

johan
GpsGate

RE: NMEA data

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:11 am

You can use GpsGate for this. Use the NMEA Logger feature to replay a NMEA log file. Then connect the GPS applications to the virtual ports you create in GpsGate.

More info on the Logger here:
http://franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp?section=NmeaLog&platform=winxp

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

frenchfrog

RE: NMEA data

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 pm

I am trying to replay some nmea files. some do replay, for others I get a reply: 10013: Logger cannot handle files that goes backward in time. this is for all files recorded more than two days old.

And why is the nmea file replay showing date in the future wheather I notch reset time ( exemple: I replayed a file recorded on the 04-05-2007 and it showed a date 04-07-2007?

the date that the logger writes as file name is the computer's time; and the date of modification is the time the recording stopped on the computer time. So why is it that the date is two days in the future>?

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”