Jiheffe

RE: 2: Failed to create device

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:26 pm

Johan,

please be assured that when I post such things to a forum, I have taken the time an effort to first search thoroughly if it has not been covered by another thread. So the thread you are referring to was allready known to me.

If that was the only problem, I (and the other contributors to this thread) could problably live with it. But if you really read the posts in this thread, you will understand the problem is much more important than simply loosing its configuration. Since your last intervention in this thread (in August 2005, thats seven months ago!) 7 persons (gxzeng, mitchgibbs, Yaniv, JAL, parksjsn, vitbars and myself) report problems of different severities (including not getting it to work at all), and the latest release still dates from May 2005. That's getting close to 1 year ago!

I really think you should take this more seriously.

johan
GpsGate

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:09 pm

GpsGate is free to try for 14 days. It works on most combinations of hardware and software (there are thousands of combinations), but not all. I am sorry you did not get things to work. The way to go is to first try, and if you like it you are welcome to use GpsGate.

We are working on a GpsGate 2.0, which will be out as beta in March or early April (for Windows) and April or early May (for Pocket PC.)

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Jiheffe

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:18 pm

If you look up un your database, you'll find out I am a registered user since June 9th, 2005.

Probably my error was to register as soon as I found out it did work, without waiting a couple of days to see if is was stable enough...

Anyway, on my new PDA, I can't gety it to work at all...

Can you allready tell us what will be new in V2 ?

sheureka

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Originally posted by Yaniv

Sorry for double posting. But I found something you might all find useful. I actually got this to work :)
The program seems to function for me only when done in this order:
(IT IS VITAL FOR THE BLUETOOTH TO BE COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED BEFORE STARTING)
1. Soft-Reset device
2. Open GpsGate
3. Choose Input Port (in my case COM4)
4. Add Virtual Port (in my case COM7)
5. Connect BlueTooth device (in my case Toshiba Stack)
6. Connect to GPS serial bluetooth (in my case GR-231)
7. Open GPS Navigation Application (in my case Destinator PN 3)

It works fine for now.
I hope this helps anyone... and I also hope that the people at Franson make up a fix for this so I don't have to do all this procedure every time I want GPS :)
Thanks! That's the best information I've gotten in my 6 months or so of fighting with GPSGate! - sheureka

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”