Posted - 06/02/2009 : 09:07:09
| How to connect WebTech WT5000 to GpsGate Server
How to install for GpsGate Server v3.1
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins. Click on "Get More Plugins"
3. Download and install WebTech.
4. Skip for hosted server. Open port 10303 for TCP/IP and UDP in your firewall, and direct the traffic to the server you installed GpsGate Server on.
Verify the firewall is setup and the plugin is installed correctly.
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Devices
3. Click on "Test" for the listener you want to verify.
How to add a vehicle and how to add a device to a vehicle.
1. Login to your VehicleTracker application
2. Click "Add new User"
3. Select "Device" in "User Type" drop down. Click Next.
3. Enter a "username" and a "Name", which is the name displayed on the map and in list. Click "Next".
4. Click Next for Roles.
5. Click Next for Tags.
6. Select Device Type to "WebTech ...".
7. Fill in the IMEI of the tracker.
8. Click Save.
Configure your device to send data to your servers public IP port 10303. You find the public IP in SiteAdmin under Devices.
To connect your WT5000 to GpsGate Server, please follow those steps:
1. Add a device in VehicleTracker with the IMEI number of the tracker.
2. Connect a terminal program to your WT 5000 and execute the following commands
Where "yourapn" is the APN for your sim card.
And "XX.XX.XX.XX" is the IP address to your server.
If you have your own server, please read this for trouble shooting:
To monitor data communication between tracker and server you can use the "Terminal". More info here:
If you can see data coming in from the GPS tracker in the Terminal, but you still don't get a position on the map, you can send the output from the Terminal to use together with information about your GPS tracker and we will take a look at it. Send it to "support at gpsgate . com"
Use Template Commands to manage your trackers remotely:
Bug fixes and improvements
Posted - 03/04/2010 : 11:52:37
| Template Commands for WebTech
Requires GpsGate Server v2.3.1 build 2076 or later.
Here is a Device Type file which includes commands to configure and control a WebTech WT5000.
The following commands are included:
BasicSetup sends out APN and server information over SMS. Configures tracker to send data over TCP/IP.
StartTracking starts tracking.
StopTracking stops tracking.
To setup a new WebTech tracker use the BasicSetup command.
Follow these steps to install:
1. Download (right click and select Save As) http://franson.com/gpsgateserver/DeviceType/WebTechWT5000.xml
2. Login to SiteAdmin
3. Go to Commands -> Device Types
4. Select "WebTech WT5000 device definition" in Device Type drop down.
5. Click "Import..."
6. Browse to the downloaded XML file.
7. Check "Overwrite selected Device Type Instance" if you want to overwrite existing Device Type
8. Click Import.
These commands add basic functionality. You can create your own commands to suit your business.
To create your own Template Commands, read this:
For trouble shooting, use the Terminal:
Note: If the APN information is not visible for your WebTech device you find an updated WebTech driver here: