New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Digg this
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sirius Glass

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  08:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Windows 7 Starter system, Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensor, DeLorme Street Atlas 2011 Plus and Delorme Topo 9 North America.

I installed GPSGat and the first time the Wizard showed up. I did not have the Globalsate Technology BU-353 GPS sensor connected and the DeLorme software was not running.

I read and reread all the guides at the website.

Now when I do have the Globalsate Technology BU-353 GPS sensor connected and both DeLorme programs running, I start GPSGate Client and nothing happens. I cannot get the Wizard to start.

I deleted GPSGate Client and reinstalled it. Again with the Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensor connected and both DeLorme programs running, I start GPSGate Client and nothing happens. I cannot get the Wizard to start.

Now how can I get the Wizard to show up so that I can get GPSGate Client to work?

Steve

Sirius Glass

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  08:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensor and DeLorme Street Atlas 2011 Plus works.
Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensorand Delorme Topo 9 North America works.

If Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensor is connected and both DeLorme Street Atlas 2011 Plus and Delorme Topo 9 North America are running. As expected only DeLorme Street Atlas 2011 Plus OR Delorme Topo 9 North America can use the Globalsat Technology BU-353 GPS sensor.
Go to Top of Page

Sirius Glass

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  20:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I followed the directions in Connect a GPS application to GpsGate http://gpsgate.com/support/connect_a_gps_application_to_gpsgate

The GPS sensor is on COM4.
Now when I start up either DeLorme Street Atlas 2011 Plus or Delorme Topo 9 North America, they cannot connect to COM4 and neither will let me select COM2 or COM3 as virtual ports.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

GeorgeP
Average Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  21:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sirius, I will attempt to help, however right now I am unable to check this forum daily.

1st I am going to guess that when hooked up your GPS is on comm 4. If that is correct then try the following.

1. Connect GPS to computer. Set up GPSGate with settings - input set to Comm 4.

2. Make sure GPSGate icon in systray turns green indicating that GPSGate has a connection and is receiving data.

3. Setup GPSGate Output. I use Virtual Port / NMEA Filter - COMM5 (or your choice). Block everything but $GPRMC and $GPGGA.
REASON: These are the only two lines Street Atlas or TOPO needs and contains all the information that is needed.

4. At this point and only at this point Start your Delorme Program. Why? SA and Topo will not detect a COMM port that is not in existence when the program is started. That is why you MUST have GPSGate up and running when you start a Delorme program.

I will also set an output for a NMEA file with the same restrictions as in step 3. This allows GPSGate to later play back the log and SA or Topo to believe the received data is real time and current if you uncheck reset time on the NMEA logger.

One last tip. If you try the NMEA log and get the dreaded "Can't play files that go back in time" error do the following. Open the log file in Wordpad. Search for any lines that contain ",,,," (that is four commas) These lines will usually contain more than 4 commas in a row, but no valid line will contain 4 in a row. Simply delete all sets of lines that contain almost a full row of commas and the file should run without a problem. Don't know why Johan can't write a simple code that ignores these lines but that seems to be beyond them.

I truly hope this gets you up and running.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsGate Forum © 2014 GpsGate AB Go To Top Of Page