Virtual Com Port Baud Rate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Digg this
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobellis

2 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  14:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to get a Navisky NSA-U3 with a USB to Serial driver that only outputs 9600 baud to talk to MS Streets and Trips that only reads 4800 baud.

I have GPS Gate talking to the Navisky com port (9), and can see the GPS output on the GPS Gate Virtual port (10), but the output is at 9600 baud. Is there any way to set the output of the Virtual port (10) to 4800 baud?

Bob Ellis

johan
Forum Admin

Sweden
15448 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  01:12:16  Show Profile  Visit johan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The baudrate of the virtual ports uses the baudrate your application uses automatically. If you connect at 4800 baud to the virtual port, you get the data at 4800 baud. This means there is an automatic change of baudrate from 9600 to 4800.

Connect the Input to your GPS, remember to select 9600 baud and the right COM port. You might need to click "Close" first to be able to select the COM port. Then click "Open". Check if the GpsGate tray icon turns green (or yellow), if it does you have a valid connection to your GPS.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support
Go to Top of Page

bobellis

2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  11:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That worked, thanks.

I did have to stop GPS Gate and disconnect the GPS reciever, apparently they had decided that the virtual port should run at 9600, probably because I had touched it first with Hyperterm at 9600.

After unloading everything, I first set Hyperterm for 4800 Baud, then started GPS Gate and connected Hyperterm to the virtual port at 4800. Then when I connected the GPS reciever the data came thru to Hyperterm at 4800.

I just tried a start up from a re-boot and it now works great with MS Streets and Trips.

Thanks again,

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsGate Forum © 2014 GpsGate AB Go To Top Of Page