New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Digg this
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcaine

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  14:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following johan's 9/11/2008 post on how to install 2.6 for 64bit Win 7 (see below), I find that clicking the program in the Start Menu does not load. No error messages, no windows open or close, just no response to my double click.

GpsGate for 64-bit / x64 Vista and Windows 7

If you use 64-bit Vista please follow those steps.
(If you are unsure, simply install GpsGate normally first, if Virtual ports does not work - follow those steps)

1. Install GpsGate for Windows 2.6 build 340 (or later)
http://franson.com/gpsgate/download.asp

2. After installation copy the file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Franson\GpsGate 2.0\x64\bizVSerialNT.sys
to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

3. Exit GpsGate (if running)

4. Run GpsGate as Administrator once. (Right click on the GpsGate icon in the Start Menu and select "Run as administrator")

Now the 64-bit driver is installed. You can exit GpsGate and run it as a normal user.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
Forum Admin

Sweden
14897 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  14:36:54  Show Profile  Visit johan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GpsGate is presented through a tray icon. Please see the last section of this guide:
http://franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp?section=GettingStarted_200&platform=winxp

If GpsGate for some reason does not show up as a tray icon, check the process list in Task Manager and kill the process named "GpsGateXP.exe" and then start GpsGate again.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support
Go to Top of Page

pcaine

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  15:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I killed the running GpGate items in Task Manager. Then I turned on the receiver, right clicked the Desktop GpGate icon and selected Troubleshoot Compatability which resulted in Win7 finding an XP setting which when selected immediately connected with the receiver. All green showing.

Case closed.

Second thought. Is there a Franson product that does the same work as the PT120L but uses 21st Century technology (WIN7)? I know that sooner or later this product will not be supported and already the PT120L is broken and held together by a rubber band. The sooner I get that product the happier I will be.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

johan
Forum Admin

Sweden
14897 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  15:49:07  Show Profile  Visit johan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which feature are you after?

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support
Go to Top of Page

pcaine

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  16:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personal Use in the following situations:

When I travel, which is lots, I take my ThinkPad T500 WIN7 64 loaded with GPS mapping software--Streets and Trips, National Geographic States, Google Maps etc. I take the Franson portable receiver, small Bluetooth fella just a couple of inches wide, and set it up on trains, cars, and cruise ships and watch my location learning much about geographical features in the neighborhood--physical, political, and commercial.

I am very much game to find other products and uses, too.

Go to Top of Page

johan
Forum Admin

Sweden
14897 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  16:28:26  Show Profile  Visit johan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We only make software.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsGate Forum © 2014 GpsGate AB Go To Top Of Page